Social Media Manager
Part-Time Job for Medical or Pre-Medical Students • 100% Remote • Minimum 10 Hours Per Week
Our Social Media Managers are responsible for content distribution, promotions, and audience engagement on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
BackTable is THE podcast network for practicing physicians. We produce educational and entertaining podcast shows on practical topics that help established physicians level up their day-to-day practice, provide basic training to aspiring healthcare practitioners, and inspire innovation in the field of medicine. Our flagship Endovascular show is listened to by over 40% of the Interventional Radiology community while our newer shows in ENT, Urology, and OB/GYN are quickly growing in audience and scope. With BackTable, you can help us shape the newest medium in medical education while learning about interesting topics and networking with leaders in medicine, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
BackTable is looking for talented self-starters with an interest in medicine, technology, and podcasting to join the BackTable Team. In this part-time, fully remote role, you’ll help us further expand on our innovative content offering and reach a broader audience of physicians, technologists, and trainees.
Social media has become a popular channel for medical education and collaboration, and has proven to be an essential part of BackTable’s audience growth strategy. As a social media manager with BackTable, you will help manage content distribution, promotions, and audience engagement on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and also via email campaigns.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Following the BackTable podcast and understanding its contents
• Preparing images, videos, and audio files to be used on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
• Developing engaging messaging that entices new listeners
• Promoting new episode releases on social media platforms
• Collaborating with BackTable’s medical journalists and the broader digital team to promote recent content additions and website features on social media
• Scheduling content in Hootsuite and other social media automation tools
• Formulating new and creative ways to engage our audience and gain followers
Join the Network
BackTable is made by physicians for physicians. When you join the BackTable team, you'll be working alongside established physicians that have connections with major institutions, research centers, academia, industry, and private practice.
• Medical student or 4th year undergraduate student pursuing degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, health sciences, or related pre-medical field
• 3.6 minimum GPA for undergraduates
• Prior experience using social media or email outreach in a promotional capacity
• Superb writing and communication skills
• A keen eye for digital design and aesthetics
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to learn and understand new topics quickly with minimal guidance
• Self-motivated and able to meet recurring deadlines with minimal oversight
Minimum 10 Hours Per Week
$18 Per Hour
Let us know why you're interested in the Social Media Manager role using the form below and we'll get in touch.