Part-Time Job for Medical or Pre-Medical Students • 100% Remote • Minimum 5 Hours Per Week
Our Medical Journalists are responsible for writing and publishing articles to the BackTable website. Articles help us reach more physicians by translating our unique audio content into a written format. BackTable articles are read by hundreds of website visitors every day and provide practical insights that our physician readers can apply to their day-to-day practice. If you're a talented writer that likes to educate your readers, this is the perfect role for you.
BackTable is THE podcast network for practicing physicians. We produce educational and entertaining podcast shows on practical topics that help established physicians level up their day-to-day practice, provide basic training to aspiring healthcare practitioners, and inspire innovation in the field of medicine. Our flagship Endovascular show is listened to by over 40% of the Interventional Radiology community while our newer shows in ENT, Urology, and OB/GYN are quickly growing in audience and scope. With BackTable, you can help us shape the newest medium in medical education while learning about interesting topics and networking with leaders in medicine, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
BackTable is looking for talented self-starters with an interest in medicine, technology, and podcasting to join the BackTable Team. In this part-time, fully remote role, you’ll help us further expand on our innovative content offering and reach a broader audience of physicians, technologists, and trainees.
As a medical journalist with BackTable, you will help us codify the knowledge shared by leading physicians on the podcast in the form of transcripts, articles, topic overviews, and other content features that are brand new to the space of medical education. Simultaneously, you will get a crash course in how search engines like Google work, and how to maximize long-form content viewership in the digital era.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Independently researching and understanding a broad array of medical topics covered on the Podcast, including conditions, procedures, and sub-specialization areas
• Producing written content about the BackTable Podcast, including show notes, transcripts, articles, and physician profiles
• Collaborating with our search engine optimization (SEO) specialists to develop keyword-targeted content
• Updating the BackTable website using BackTable’s custom content management system
Join the Network
BackTable is made by physicians for physicians. When you join the BackTable team, you'll be working alongside established physicians that have connections with major healthcare institutions, research centers, academia, industry, and private practice.
• Medical student or 4th year undergraduate student pursuing degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, health sciences, or related pre-medical field
• 3.6 minimum GPA for undergraduates
• Superb writing and communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to learn and understand new topics quickly with minimal guidance
• Self-motivated and able to meet recurring deadlines with minimal oversight
• Basic experience with Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets is a plus
As an applicant for the Medical Journalist role, you will be required to submit an orginal writing sample.
Minimum 5 Hours Per Week
$18 Per Hour
Let us know why you're interested in the Medical Journalist role using the form below and we'll get in touch.